About the Position
Primarily serving healthcare providers [AMCs, health systems, clinically integrated networks, physician enterprises, etc.] on a broad range of strategic, organizational, and operational challenges, our Healthcare Consultants engage with industry leaders to advise, problem solve, and deliver meaningful change. Working in teams, our consultants partner with c-suite level stakeholders to define and implement sustainable solutions to their toughest challenges. Their work is about coaching, partnering, and providing hands-on support to ensure lasting outcomes.
Our Healthcare Consultants leverage their analytical skills and industry expertise to facilitate projects related to strategic planning, organizational transformation, clinical operations, and performance improvement. With a focus on driving cost effectiveness and improving quality of patient care, our consultants perform and deliver the necessary analysis to inform the problem-solving process.
This is an exciting opportunity not only to lead client work in the healthcare space, but also to manage strategic growth & development projects, and build internal firm capabilities. Qualified candidates MUST possess:
- 5+ years working for a top-tier management consultancy within their healthcare industry vertical experience required
- 2+ years in engagement management or similar oversight roles
- Reputation as a trusted thought partner to healthcare colleagues and clients
- Appetite for hard-charging, fast-pasted environment
- Desire to help build a successful firm
- Willingness to take risks, including a willingness to accept at-risk compensation based on individual and firm performance
All others need not apply.
Our roles are suited to people who can apply problem-solving and experience-based judgement to complex challenges by focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance. We seek individuals who demonstrate leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with stakeholders across all organizational levels.
In addition to the requirements above, competitive candidates will have:
- Exceptional problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to manage and develop strategic client relationships while ensuring the highest quality client work
- A demonstrated commitment to mentoring and developing teams of high-performing consultants
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and in-depth knowledge/defined involvement in helping frame, design and execute solutions for challenging business situations
- A team-orientation and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Clear and articulate communication skills; both orally and in writing
- The utmost professional poise and presence particularly in challenging situations
- US Citizen OR Authorization to work in the United States independent of a visa sponsorship [e.g. H-1B Visa]
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in business administration preferred and/or health-related field [e.g. MHA, MPH] preferred
Candidates must be able to travel up to 70%
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Power BI, Tableau and other analytical modeling tool experience a plus
The company offers a competitive compensation package including an at-risk, incentive compensation plan, comprehensive medical insurance, and a profit share funded 401(k).
This job is based in Charleston, SC and cannot be conducted remotely.