About the Position
Knowledge Capital Group (KCG) is looking for a qualified, senior level Management Consultant to lead the expansion of our healthcare consulting practice. The ideal candidate is deeply familiar with the major challenges faced by the healthcare industry and has served as a partner with C-level clients to create strategies, impart change, and drive results.
A successful candidate will be seen as a coach for our consultants and partner for our clients and must be willing to roll up their sleeves and dive into the important details. They will be responsible for securing new work across the healthcare industry, with potential clients being: Academic Medical Centers (AMCs); regional medical systems; community hospitals; and large multi-specialty physician practices.
We value creativity, hard work, and a passion for learning. Dedication to teamwork, empowerment, and decisive decision-making is essential.
Qualified candidates MUST possess:
- Passion for, and knowledge of, the healthcare industry
- Minimum of six years’ experience working for a top-tier healthcare management consultancy, AND/OR other relevant healthcare experience, which may include:
- Progressive responsibility in healthcare operations
- Experience in operations improvement consulting projects in a health system
- Experience in health system finance, strategic planning, or decision support analytics
- Experience working with healthcare providers and executive leaders on strategic and/or operational initiatives
- Strong record of driving consulting revenue in excess of $2 million annually
- Large, diverse network of senior healthcare professionals
- Appetite for hard-charging, fast-pasted environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to help build a successful firm
- Willingness to take risks, including a willingness to accept at-risk compensation based on individual and firm performance
All others need not apply.
Our roles are suited to people who can apply problem-solving and experience-based judgement to complex challenges through focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance. We seek individuals who demonstrate leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with stakeholders across all organizational levels.
In addition to the requirements above, competitive candidates will have:
- A track record of increasing responsibility and success in building lasting client relationships with executives – specific focus in the healthcare field strongly preferred
- An extreme interest and aptitude for management consulting and entrepreneurship
- A demonstrated commitment to mentoring and developing teams of high-performing consultants
- Ability to manage and develop strategic client relationships while ensuring the highest quality client deliverables
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and in-depth knowledge/defined involvement in helping frame, design and execute solutions for challenging business situations
- A team-orientation and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Reputation as a thought leader through marketing activities such as networking with potential clients, participating in professional societies, and publishing and presenting thought leadership (white papers, presentations, and articles)
- Clear and articulate communication skills; both oral and written
- The utmost professional poise and presence particularly in challenging situations
- Knowledge of trends, and experiences to highlight relevant implications for healthcare clients
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Executive-level business development in the healthcare industry
- End-to-end engagement management of healthcare projects, ensuring that all projects provide substantive value to clients
- Serve as a public face of KCG, speaking at industry conferences and creating new publicity
- Expand the KCG product strategy within the healthcare space
- Management, development, and mentorship to our consultants
- Travel up to 80%
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a health-related field required; Master’s degree in business administration and/or a health-related field (e.g., MBA, MHA, MPH) preferred
The company offers a competitive compensation package including an incentive compensation plan, comprehensive medical insurance, responsible PTO, profit sharing and a 401(k). This job is based in Charleston, SC and cannot be conducted remotely.