About The Position
Knowledge Capital Group (KCG) is looking for a senior level Management Consultant to help lead the expansion of our healthcare consulting practice. The ideal candidate is deeply familiar with the major challenges faced by the healthcare industry and has served as a partner with C-level clients to create strategies, impart change, and drive results.
A successful candidate must be willing and capable to immediately step into a leadership role and oversee ongoing strategy and performance optimization engagements and the associated delivery team.
We value creativity, hard work, and a passion for learning. Dedication to teamwork, empowerment, and decisive decision-making is essential.
Qualified candidates MUST possess:
- Minimum of six years’ experience working for a top-tier management consultancy
- Experience within the healthcare industry as it relates to delivering strategy and performance optimization engagements
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and in-depth knowledge/defined involvement in helping frame, design and execute solutions for challenging business situations
- A team-orientation and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Appetite for hard-charging, fast-pasted environment and desire to help build a successful firm
- An entrepreneurial spirit, a desire to help build a successful firm
- Willingness to take risks, including a willingness to accept at-risk compensation based on individual and firm performance
ALL OTHERS NEED NOT APPLY
Our roles are suited to people who can apply problem-solving and experience-based judgement to complex challenges through focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance. We seek individuals who demonstrate leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with stakeholders across all organizational levels.
In addition to the requirements above, competitive candidates will have:
- A track record of increasing responsibility and success in building lasting client relationships with executives – specific focus in the healthcare field strongly preferred
- An extreme interest and aptitude for management consulting and entrepreneurship
- A demonstrated commitment to mentoring and developing teams of high-performing consultants
- Ability to manage and develop strategic client relationships while ensuring the highest quality client deliverables
- Reputation as a thought leader through marketing activities such as networking with potential clients, participating in professional societies, and publishing and presenting thought leadership (white papers, presentations, and articles)
- Clear and articulate communication skills; both oral and written
- The utmost professional poise and presence particularly in challenging situations
- Knowledge of trends, and experiences to highlight relevant implications for healthcare clients
- Authorization to work in the United States
- End-to-end engagement management of healthcare projects, ensuring that all projects provide substantive value
- Serve as a public face of KCG, speaking at industry conferences and creating new publicity
- Expand the KCG product strategy within the healthcare space
- Management, development, and mentorship to our consultants
- Executive-level business development
- Travel up to 70%
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a health-related field required; Master’s degree in business administration and/or a health-related field (e.g., MBA, MHA, MPH) preferred
The company offers a competitive compensation package including an incentive compensation plan, comprehensive medical insurance, responsible PTO, profit sharing and a 401(k). This job is based in Charleston, SC and cannot be conducted remotely.